Strategies provides consultation, direct assistance,
and training for school systems, parents, and teachers who are
interested in utilizing behavior analysis within the school setting.
Our therapists can assist teachers in accessing effective strategies
that aim at increasing students’ appropriate skills while decreasing
problem behaviors within the classroom setting.
By consulting with school administrators and teachers, Life Strategies can assist in implementing effective procedures for students who are experiencing significant barriers either academically or behaviorally. Our goal is to coordinate with school personnel in creating the most effective educational plan to maximize a child’s learning success.
Classroom Consultation Services can include:
• Functional Based Assessments (FBA) for problem behaviors within the classroom.
• Behavioral Assessments, such as the Assessment of Language and Learning Skills (ABLLS-R), which is used to target educational goals.
• Preparation for developing an Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
• Assisting school staff in recording and interpreting data for educational and behavioral programming which is used for IEP development.
• Attendance at IEP meetings.
• In-service trainings that teach how to implement effective behavioral procedures within a classroom setting.
• Hands-on training for teachers or school staff in the principles of ABA which can be applied in the classroom setting for individual students or groups.
For more information or to arrange a classroom consultation, please Contact Us.